2017 National Leadership Conference
Arkansas State University competed at the 75th Annual Phi Beta Lambda National Leadership Conference and Competition. AState brought 31 students and 4 advisers to Anaheim, CA. We finished with a total of 18 Awards!
AState received the award for the 4th largest chapter in the country with 141 members (3 behind the University of Alabama).
Proving Mental Agility and Demonstrating Superior Knowledge: Award Winners
Contemporary Sports Issues - Faison Bragg received 6th in the nation.
Contemporary Sports Issues - Grant Long received 5th in the nation.
Contemporary Sports Issues - Brett Anderson received 2nd in the nation.
Cyber Security - Clayton Liddell received 5th in the nation
Desktop Publishing - Samantha Risi received 9th in the nation
Economic Analysis and Decision Making - Timothy Edwards received 10th in the nation
Economic Analysis and Decision Making - Anthony Adkins received 9th in the nation
Financial Analysis and Decision Making - Timothy Edwards received 7th in the nation
Financial Analysis and Decision Making - Thomas Avila, Nick Pillow, and Austin Reed received 6th place in the nation
Financial Concepts - Connor Shannon received 2nd place in the nation
Financial Services - Thomas Avila, Nick Pillow, and Austin Reed received 2nd place in the nation
Marketing Analysis and Decision Making - Ethan Barnes and Josh Ward received 2nd place in the nation
Microeconomics - Anthony Adkins received 7th place in the nation
Personal Finance - Connor Shannon received 6th place in the nation
Project Management - Kenneth Riddle received 4th place in the nation
Strategic Analysis and Decision Making - Samantha Risi received 2nd in the nation
Future Business Executive - Ethan Barnes won 1st in the nation
Honing Strength and Demonstrating Character
- Leadership Development—members develop essential soft skills by holding chapter officer positions at the local, state, and national levels; by networking with accomplished business professionals; and by participating in business-focused workshops, seminars, and academic competitions.
- Academic Competitions—members demonstrate their business expertise at high-profile regional, state, and national competitive events. The top students are recognized with trophies and cash awards.
- Educational Programs—members create career portfolios, enhance their knowledge with world-recognized skills certifications, and have access to select college scholarships.
- Community Service—members work with the March of Dimes to help end premature births by participating in awareness campaigns and the March for Babies fundraiser. Discover how FBLA, PBL, and FBLA-Middle Level members support the March of Dimes.
- Awards & Recognition—members build a portfolio of accomplishments with a wide range of awards programs.
Dining in Beverly Hills, Following Hollywood's Walk of Fame, Snorkeling in the Pacific, Exploring the Savage Culture of California, Forming Friendships for a Lifetime
2018 NLC–Baltimore, Maryland
2019 NLC–San Antonio, Texas
Conference Hotel in Anaheim, California